Die folgende Ausschreibung einer Graduierten- bzw. Doktorand/inn/enstelle zur Evaluation nachhaltiger Geschäftsmodelle für die Veröffentlichung digitaler Editionen mag für den einen oder die andere hier von Interesse sein:
Die Stelle ist zwar im niederländischsprachigen Nachbarraum am Huygens Institut in Den Haag angesiedelt, die Ausschreibung richtet sich aber exklusiv an Bewerber/innen aus dem (auch deutschsprachigen) Ausland. Bewerbungsfrist ist der 20. Februar 2015.
The Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands has a vacancy for a Research Fellow (Early Stage Researcher), in Long-term business models in dissemination and publishing (1.0 fte)
The fellow will work within the EU-supported Marie Curie Initial Training Network DiXiT involved in the creation and publication of digital scholarly editions. The appointment is for 26 months and the position is to be filled as soon as possible. The researcher will be based at the Hague (the Netherlands). EU regulations to promote international mobility require eligible candidates not to have worked or lived in the Netherlands for more than 12 months over the last three years.
The researcher will investigate the competing demands faced by digital scholarly editions: on the one hand the need for financial sustainability w.r.t. exploitation and maintenance, and on the other hand the general interest of the scholarly community in open access. Digital editions are usually created based on project funding, limited in time. After funding runs out, they need to be hosted, administered and maintained into an indefinite future. Is there a conceivable business model for the digital scholarly edition that will help the edition pay for its own maintenance while maintaining open access?
The research project includes secondments in Italy and the UK.
- Master in a humanities field (e.g. Literary Studies, History) and a proven interest in business administration, or a master in business administration and a proven interest in the humanities
- Active interest in digital publication
- Affinity with information technology
- Fluent in English
- Some knowledge of Dutch is an advantage but not a requirement; learning Dutch is encouraged
- Willing to reach out to and collaborate with national and international colleagues in related research disciplines
- See also the eligibility requirements at http://dixit.uni-koeln.de/fellows.html, the vacancy for Early Stage Researcher 10.
For the complete job description and instructions on how to apply, see https://www.huygens.knaw.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Research-Fellow-Long-term-business-models-2015-1.pdf.